The Best Western Artists Around!

A Gallery Of Western Art

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Contemporary Horse Sketch By Colorado Equine Artist Jennifer Morrison Godshalk


Valiant
A Charcoal Horse Sketch On Canvas 
By Jennifer Morrison Godshalk

It's back to the basics, and sketching away.  I enjoy capturing the details of sketches that usually are covered up by oil paints.  Here is the first stage, or the "Raw" format with which I start.  I want to show the underlying elements to my artwork.  I love this sketch and I am not sure whether to add any color or perhaps leave it as is?  Hmmm..  Taking votes now on my Facebook page!  Click on the link to participate.

                                https://www.facebook.com/horsepaintings?ref=hl

The Valiant name came easily to me, as this horse appeared to be a warrior.  Noble eyes, strong neck and jawline, yet a gentle horse in nature.  He is Valiant!

Prints are available and so is the original.


Enjoy!

Jennifer Morrison Godshalk
©Morrison Studios
A Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.