The Best Western Artists Around!

A Gallery Of Western Art

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Contemporary Horse Painting By Colorado Artist Jennifer Morrison Godshalk


Out Of The Blue
20x16 Inches

This painting is a palette knife oil painting on canvas.  I first added the definition colors, defining the muscles and shadowing of the horse.  I continued with layering the colors utilizing thick layers of oil paints to blend the contrasting hues until I received the look I was trying to achieve.  
I simply love the outcome of this artwork and I would like to repaint it on a larger scale.

This painting is available at my newest gallery representation at Elinoff Gallery in Telluride, Colorado!
Prints are available as well.  Click here!

Enjoy!

Jennifer Morrison Godshalk
A Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist 
© Morrison Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.