The Best Western Artists Around!

A Gallery Of Western Art

Thursday, October 28, 2010

'Barreling down' Barrel Racer Watercolor by Debbie Flood


 
 This summer I went to a few Maine Barrel Racing events. Boy, they sure do ride fast. I have a lot of images to work from and this one, I loved how she carried her whip! And her hair flying out from under hat.

This is Barreling down. 14 x 17 Watercolor $1,200.00.
Though I usually work more detail in my paintings, I left this one looser and more spontaneous looking. They ride so fast and become a blur, I wanted to capture that moment.
I used light washes and glazed color over colors to get that glowing look to it. I like this one a lot.
You can view more of my art at http://www.debfloodart.com
Debbie Flood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.